Transbase® - the versatile Database System for your Applications
Transbase® is a resource-optimized, high-performance Database System that is universally applicable due to its 4S Technology, efficient implementation and functional completeness.
Following Transbase® Operating Modes are available:
- as powerful High-End Database Server
- as IoT Database (Transbase® Edge) for fast processing of huge Data Volumes (Big Data) on IoT Devices (e.g. Raspberry Pi)
- as Publishing Database (Transbase® CD) on DVD-ROM or Blu-ray Disc
- as Mobile Database (Transbase® Mobile) for your App on the smartphone
- as Archive Database (Transbase® Myriad) for text documents of all kind
What does this mean for the operation and development of your Applications?
As part of your Application, Transbase® is extremely robust and requires little resources. Its simple administration makes it so popular: all necessary operations can be controlled through the Application itself. The operation is thus completely maintenance-free.
The development and porting of Applications is particularly simple with Transbase®: standard-compliant SQL and open interfaces offer a high investment protection. In addition, they facilitate the familiarization and allow the use of familiar development environments and tools.
With a broad range of Technologies and Options Transbase® offers optimal application development support in many areas and provides your application with out-of-the-box support with optimized functionality. It thus saves you in many cases the explicit programming of specific functionality within your application.
Following Transbase® Technologies are available out-of-the-box:
- Transbase® multiplex-architecture (Transbase® Architecture&Performance)
- consistent data and access protection (Transbase® Security)
- distributed operation/query of arbitrarily connected Transbase® Edge databases (Transbase® Crowd)
- distributed transactions and online / offline operation for hybrid applications (Transbase® D)
- extensive programming interfaces and integrated user support (Transbase® Developer Support)
- flexible indexing in Data Warehouse Scenarios (Transbase® Hypercube)
- highly efficient document archives (Transbase® Fulltext Search)
- parallel Processing (Transbase® Dynamic Multithreading)
- creation of Database Grids (Transbase® Replication & Database Grids)
Transbase® V. 8.1 (Transbase® Edge) - some highlights:
Transbase® V. 8.1 (Transbase® Edge) is available from November 2017. That means for the available previous versions of Transbase®:
- V. 7.1.2 and earlier: support available only through ELS support
- Due to its new Single Process Architecture (SPA) coming with V. 8.1 Transbase® Free is no longer available as automatic Transbase® Free Download.
Read more about the purchasing of Transbase®.
Transbase® V. 8.1 is available with SSL Encryption and IPv6 support. Furthermore, it still provides the ability to encrypt databases at the page level to protect them from access outside of Transbase®.
Read more about Transbase® Security within the Data and Access Protection section.
With the change of the System Architecture in Transbase® V. 8.1 , many unification procedures were realized, so that the portability of Transbase® could be further improved.
- Transbase® is now LSB 4.1 compliant.
- For a common class of queries (one-row-selects) significant protocol changes (protocol optimizations) have been made so that now only a round trip is needed.
- With V. 8.1 we've implemented some important SQL extensions and enabled them for all Transbase® Operating Modes.
Read more about within the section Transbase® Developer Support.